-->

Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 2: Another man's trash...



Clothing Donations

December 2nd 2012

So I recently moved back in with my parents while I attend culinary school. Before I did I got rid of tons of my old clothes. Being able to donate 10 bags of clothes felt cleansing personally and I was happy that my clothes could go to someone who needs them . Upon further inspection of my closet  I felt that I could simplify more. I have a surplus of clothes where someone else is in need. I was able to fill 2 more trash bags with clothes. I also got 5 bags of clothes from Mandie. She purged tons of designer bags, shoes and clothes. Whoever gets her clothes is going to be one styling gal. There are several ways to donate clothing. The first is to find a Salvation Army www.salvationarmyusa.org or Goodwill www.goodwill.org and drop the clothes off there. You could also schedule a pick up with Purple Heart www.purpleheart.org and they will come to you. I decided to drop them into the clothing recycle bins in Westland. The bins are all over metro Detroit. The clothing collected in the bins in Westland and Canton are used in the Wear it Again donation program.


I am a bag lady. My car was totally loaded


Westland Donation Bin

Today’s act was simple. I have excess, so I gave my excess to someone with a deficit. Bells and whistles didn’t go off. I didn’t feel like I had done something particularly great. Then I had to remind myself that it isn’t about doing the most grandiose of things. It’s about thinking of others on a daily basis. Today I did that. 

"Live simply that others might simply live."
                                 ~Elizabeth Ann Seton
 

1 comment:

  1. I really love the quotes that you are connecting with your journey.

    ReplyDelete