-->

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13: SHED A LITTLE LIGHT

A Little Surprise for the Wayne County Lightfest Teller


As a lover of all things Christmas, though I had already driven through the festival of lights once this year, I felt I needed to do it again. For five bucks, a twenty minute drive through a fancy light display is well worth it. I thought, the first time I went through, what a crummy job to be the person in the ticket booth. Cold, redundant, busy, and boring. Why not treat this random worker to a hot cocoa and a candy cane. This had been my plan all day. Then I worked an almost 11 hour day. The day was not bad but when I was done I was tired. I had errands to run and unforeseen complications really made my pace slow. I was going to enjoy the Lightfest with my girlfriend, Sarah and when I got to her house and sat on her couch I did not want to move. I wanted no obligation but to relax in front of the tube for a few hours. I knew I had to go. Not only were Sarah and I supposed to see the lights on her birthday but I wanted to complete my act. So off we went at a turtles pace. When we delivered the cocoa and the man in the booth was hard to read. He was definitely surprised and did not expect it. We handed it off, smiled, and said Merry Christmas. He seemed a little stunned. He smiled said thanks and we were on our way. The whole thing happened in like 1 minute. I wasn't expecting anything profound. I hope he enjoyed it. I hope he drank it and didn't think we poisoned it.  In the end Sarah and I decided that no matter what he thought at least he thought about it. It was a random act and I hope if at the very least, it changed the pace in his repetitive evening. The lights were beautiful as always. Best five bucks I have spent all month.



Sarah and I 

 Chocolate-Candy Combo

 Jack Frost

 Santa's Sled (Awesome)


I recently was given a hard time when using the greeting above and a dear old friend of mine posted a great article about the Happy Holiday taboo. It is definitely worth a read. Click HERE to read it, loves.






No comments:

Post a Comment