-->

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 12: Sweating for the Children

Toys for Tots Boot Camp

My cousin Cory just began a job as a personal trainer a few months ago. He works at the Any Time Fitness in Farmington Hills. He informed me that he would be doing a Toys for Tots drive. In exchange for bringing a toy we could take his boot camp class. So I signed up. I bought some model cars to donate and headed with my sister Mollee to the boot camp. We left my house during rush hour, so the fifteen minute drive took us forty five! We were late for the class so we rushed in and got started. I hate being late and I almost never am....almost. The turn out was great. There were some familiar faces, like our newly engaged friends Tara and Willman. There were also new clients I had never seen before. It was circuit type workout. We moved from station to station every minute. Boy oh boy am I out of shape! I cheated some I will confess but only a tiny bit. I will definitely want to take his boot camps in the future. Turns out you can sign up for boot camps without becoming a member. He needs to whip me into shape and I know he can do it. I felt the burn. Nothing about me wanted to rush home from the office to go work out at all, but it was for a good cause. I supported another child this Christmas and I supported my cousins new career path. I was very proud of how far he has come. He seemed to be totally in his element. He seemed passionate about what he was teaching us. I am very convinced he knows what he is doing. He really shined today. Such a man he has become. It was very nice to see. It made my insides smile! Day 12 was short and sweet but alas complete. I have sweet rhymes, I know. I am filled with silly energy right now! I guess doing good for myself and others has that effect on ya. A double whammy.

  So official with his picture on the wall and everything!



Talking to the group after we finished.



 Slinging Shakes



The toys donate! Not bad Cor!


"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
-Confucius

1 comment: